As a Senior Automation Tester for our premierinn.com website, you will be responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process, ensuring agile te...
Senior Automation Tester | London | Permanent
As a Senior Automation Tester for our premierinn.com website, you will be responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process, ensuring agile test automation principles are embedded in the development cycle.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and some of the UK's most loved restaurants. By 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Drive automation testing of products at each stage of the development cycle.
- Works closely with the Developer in Test, Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure Java step def automation scripts are produced from the BDD test cases.
- Support the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Undertakes automated testing throughout sprints to prevent any time lag between development and release.
- Constantly embed automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms within Sprints and for releases.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
- Act as the champion for test driven development and automated testing - provides coaching/support for Developers in Test and Product Developers where required.
- Produces regular test reports to the team
What we'd like you to have:
- Proven automated BDD and TDD experience within automation frameworks
- Solid experience of Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber.
- Proficient ability to code in Java.
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and development team.
It would be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of implementing RESTful API/MicroServices frameworks (SOAPUI, REST-Assured)
- Experience of non-functional testing, i.e. security, performance (JMeter, QWASP)
- Experience of iOS and Android automation (XUnit/Swift/Appium)
- Experience of cloud based cross platform testing
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.