Campaign Manager – Whitbread Restaurants, A14, Dunstable.
Reports to:- Caroline Northey
Purpose of the role:-
To optimise our customer engagement campaigns across digital and email, managing them end to end to help meet our annual sales and customer retention targets. This includes advising on exploratory work into customer behaviour, advising on best practice, day to day management, managing campaign targeting, execution of campaigns via various channels (with a focus on the always on activity), and reporting.
What needs to be done / Role responsibilities:
- Creation, development, implementation and reporting of email and digital marketing plans as agreed with Customer Engagement Manager and integrated with overall trading and marketing plans
- Be the champion of Adobe Campaign; delivering the roadmap, unlocking potential, turning marketing plans into reality, using Adobe in smart and effective ways including automation, triggered comms and dynamic content
- To brief, build and broadcast one restaurant brand’s reactive and planned comms using Adobe Campaign to selected target audiences (loyalty schemes and non-loyal customers)
- Close integration with Commercial and Digital teams to create campaigns to support overall team goals
- Manage agency workload/priority (Liaise and manage agency work and priorities whilst managing internal teams expectations)
- Work with the support of an Agency to improve template solutions to allow speedier and more cost-effective deployment of complex email campaigns.
- Take ownership of campaign deliverability, with the aim of improving open rates, website visits, CRM/Loyalty sign ups, click-through rates, online bookings and ultimately increasing guest’s brand engagement and revenue.
- Thorough and ongoing testing (A/B,) and troubleshooting of campaign creative, with an emphasis on HTML optimisation and cross-client compatibility issues.
- Responsibility for planning, testing, checking and integrating all creative and data considerations for all campaigns so that all systems and processes work together
- Work with Channel Execs and Manager on cost control within budget – manage campaign cost from agency quotes and report on total cost/ROI outcomes of each campaign
- Alongside key agencies, set up and deliver campaign critical paths to ensure accurate/realistic campaign planning and on time delivery of each stage and final distribution
- Ensure all departments/teams that are affected by impact/outcome of campaign are informed and consulted at appropriate times during campaign planning
- Work within the broadcast platform to test, select data for relevant target audiences and broadcast/schedule each email. This will include planned campaigns which have been briefed in advance or adapting existing creative for short notice trading comms.
- Write data briefs, advise on creative best practice and deliver campaign critical paths to ensure accurate/realistic campaign planning and on time delivery
- Campaign reporting: produce & circulate reports and provide insight driven recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Advise business partners on opportunities to maximise channels
Key Performance Indicators / Measurables:
- Delivery of campaigns on time and accurately
- Delivery of campaigns within budget
- Delivery of Adobe Campaign roadmap
- Successful engagement and integration with both internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail/accuracy of written and verbal communications
The successful applicant will have the following:
- End to end management of email campaigns from creative and data briefing to broadcast
- Experience of using an email broadcast/campaign management system
- Comfortable helping to make recommendations on customer targeting for campaigns
- Good understanding of data, and ability to create campaign files for broadcasting
- Excellent attention to detail, good organisational skills
- Learn quickly and act on own initiative
- Flexible & adaptable approach
- MS Office and learning internal programmes
- Knowledge of Adobe Campaign
- Good understanding of HTML, Java, CSS
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Collaborative working approach
Many of the systems and processes that we bring together to create a customer journey are more complex and less flexible than we would like. An ability to look pragmatically at the tools available and to work out how to achieve what we want in the time available will be necessary. A flexible approach will be necessary as the tools used and data sources utilised evolve according to our IS and Customer Segmentation plan development
The role reports into the Customer Engagement Manager and works within a team of 2 Channel Execs and 1 Loyalty Exec.
We are committed to supporting your career development within Whitbread and welcome a conversation, or application, from any colleague who is interested in this role. If you do decide to formally apply for any role we would recommend that you have a conversation with your Line Manager, to inform them of your intention and help them to understand your career aspirations.
If there are circumstances that mean you are uncomfortable having this conversation please make us aware at the beginning of the process, we can then manage your application appropriately.